July 18, 2009

Katie Boyd's Intro

Hi, my name is Katie Boyd. This is my first time traveling to Africa and I am excited about our adventure. I always enjoy traveling and meeting new people. I have just recently graduated from Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C,. with my masters in Speech- Language Pathology. I am a native Georgian. After our trip, I am headed to Atlanta to work at the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf. While in Kenya, I hope to learn more about the deaf community there and use my training to work with people with hearing loss.

5 comments:

  1. All of us here in Lilburn have spent a lot of time talking about you and your trip. Hope the flight was a good one. We are sending good thoughts and prayers for your work there and any side adventures!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie,
    We're thinking about you. How exciting and challenging it must be. Dorothy will be over there soon. Ya'll be careful and safe and come home soon. Love, Mr. and Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie!

    Enjoy your work and be safe. We're very proud of you.

    Love, Rhonda and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katie,
    I wish you well on this exciting and worthwhile venture. What a wonderful opportunity to see and live a different culture and to be of service to others in need.

    My prayers and good thoughts go with you.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweet Boydy,

    Love you and praying for you. You are amazing. :)

    Love, Almand

    ReplyDelete