July 22, 2009

FYI to everyone who is checking us out

I just wanted everyone to know that it takes 20 minutes or a little more to post a set of pictures. It will only allow me to post 5 at a time. It will still take me 15 minutes to post just one picture. So it just makes more since to upload 5 at a time and wait the extra five minutes. Bethany, I tried exporting the pictures to my desktop and resizing it, but my computer will not allow me. I can see the resize button, but it is not highlighted, so it will not allow me to click on it. 

I do not get a chance to get up on the blog until we get back to the guest house around 4. So between dinner and the other things we have going on at night, we get a little pressed for time. Also, everyone has been using my computer to check the blog, or update the blog for themselves. So we are losing a little time there also. Carroll's computer has been for e-mailing and surfing the web. If you can imagine thou, I sit in the computer room here nearly every minute that we are on the property. So I sure am working on it. We do have wireless here, but it only works right outside the computer room. So I can not sit in my room and keep posting, because I sure would, just so you folks at home could catch up on what we are doing and see alot of pictures. Last night, I sat outside the computer room at closing after 11 and uploaded 10 photos. It took me over an hour to get that accomplished. So I am outside battling the elements for everyone back home. I will sit outside again tonight to upload some photos. I am risking the mosquitos for all you good poeple

Now, I just had five photos uploading for 16 minutes and the internet went down. So I lost those pictures. But I am sitting outside about to upload those again. Wayne is keeping me company this time. So we are both risking the mosquitos now. Also, don't get discouraged if you do not get a comment back from one of your comments to us. We can not see the blog here other than the first blogs that were posted before we left the United States. That goes for seeing most of your comments. We do know that everyone is seeing them back home. So that is all that really matters. 






5 comments:

  1. First thing I would to is take the pictures into iPhoto. Then create a folder on your desktop so it's easy to find and call it "to upload" or something like that. In iPhoto i would select the pictures you want to resize and go to File/Export. Then select .jpg and medium. Hit export and select your uploads folder and that should cut down the files size significantly.

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work and use bug spray! You are doing a wonderful job. It means so much to us hear to get the blog updates.
    Thanks, Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron, Thank you for all your narrative and photos! Reading and seeing your daily activities makes us feel a part of your experience. I print out some of the pages for our church bulletin board, for those who do not have internet access.
    Thanks!
    Steve McNeely (Peakland Baptist Church)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron,
    I know that it is a job keeping up the blog! But it means so much to me personally and know others that are following the trip and love MCC. Thank you for braving the mosquitoes and I am glad you had company! Last year, we wrote the blog tect in Word and then I just copied and pasted it when I logged onto blogger. It saved internet time and frustration. That way you can work on it and have other contribute. Then at the end of the night, just copy and paste it online. Just a thought.
    Thanks for your hard work! It really is great to read and remember my experiences.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are using a PC one easy way to reduce picture size is to use paintbrush:

    Click the start button
    Then click run
    then type pbrush
    Open the file through paint brush
    Click the image pull down
    Choose strech/skew
    type in a percentage below 100% for both to reduce the picture size. 50 or 25 usually works good.

    Make sure you use the same number on both vertical and horizontal or it will strech the picture.

    Save the file as a jpeg or gif to get it even smaller.

    Tell my family I said HI!

    Ben Kibalo

    ReplyDelete