July 24, 2009

check these two photos out



I had to put these two photos up. For one thing, I only got to take like 20 photos in the past 24 hours. I did not see anyone from the group after we got back from dinner that I could of borrowed photos from. Mark, I saw you, but did not see you snap any shots, so I did not ask you. The first photo up there is a boy from the school. he is kicking what they use for soccer balls. I am not sure exactly what it is made up of. From what I could tell, it is plastic bags all bunched up with some tape or something around it. I am sure I am way off, but either way, it sure is crafty. I never would of thought to do that. It works really well thou. The kids have a rocks on opposite sides that they use as goals. So they have someone stand post as goalie. And a few guys will try to kick it through. 

The second picture was at the restaurant we ate at tonight. I had to take a photo of this one. It was just funny, because that seems so true about parking your car here. Every car here has the license plate number written on every window and nearly every part of their car so people will not steal it. Kind of crazy! 

The previous five photos you see took me forever to upload. I got timed out once after like 20 minutes. Than the computer room was closing, so I had to walk outside. The wireless does not work in the comupter for some odd reason, so I got timed out once again. That upload was nearly 30 minutes. We have a big group that arrived here this evening. I saw 3 of them plugging away on their computers. So the bandwidth went from little to almost non existent. So that super long upload time went even crazier. Even with me exporting the files. So than I uploaded again outside for another 30 minutes for you to see what you see. I just want everyone to know how much I want to rip my hair out. But all these kids here have a good spirit, so I sure am trying to keep mine up. 

If any of you ever meet me back in the states. I am hoping for some good dinners. See you after the Masa Mara

3 comments:

  1. Aaron,
    I will gladly have my husband cook for you for your effort! I am not the cook in the family! I hate it is so frustrating and wish there was a better way!
    Thanks so much for all your time!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Aaron, for all your blogs and photos. if you can stay in the Burg for a couple of days after you return, I'll be glad to take you to lunch . . . and hear the rest of the story. Have a great safari!!
    Steve McNeely (Peakland Baptist)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is so cool! i love the pictures and hearing about what is going on over there! The cars with liscence plates sound so funny but im sure its totally true. Have funn over there.

    Fond of Afrikan Safaris to help those in need,
    Julie N

    ReplyDelete